WageWorks®, the nation's largest COBRA administrator, is an independent company that provides COBRA compliance services to Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s fully-insured group business, including Arkansas Blue Cross and Health Advantage. Arkansas Blue Cross contracts with WageWorks on behalf of more than 1,000 group employers with more than 64,000 contracts.
In addition, self-insured groups with BlueAdvantage Administrators of Arkansas can, if they wish, directly contract with Wage Works to purchase COBRA compliance services.
WageWorks provides these group employers with a system to assist them in complying with COBRA law, thereby enabling them to avoid severe legal and financial penalties associated with noncompliance. Among the services provided to the employer are:
- Billing of COBRA premiums
- Adjudication of eligibility
- Premium collection
- Processing of ongoing COBRA transactions on behalf of the group
- Retention of documentation
- Supplying forms for use in administering COBRA
- Provision of expert legal guidance in the area of COBRA law
For more information, visit the WageWorks website.