A.M Best rating
Rating remains A (excellent)
A.M. Best Company affirmed the financial strength rating of Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield as A (Excellent) in 2016. A.M. Best stated that the rating outlook is stable.
A rating from A.M. Best represents an independent opinion from the leading provider of insurer ratings of a company's financial strength and ability to meet its obligations to policyholders.
A.M. Best based its rating on Arkansas Blue Cross:
- well-diversified portfolio of products;
- leading position in the Arkansas marketplace;
- strong risk-adjusted capital levels;
- positioned to implement its ongoing strategies in support of premium and membership growth;
- product expansion initiatives.
A.M. Best also affirmed an A (Excellent) rating in 2016 for an Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield affiliate, HMO Partners, Inc. (Health Advantage), the largest health maintenance organization (HMO) in Arkansas.