Prior approval for requested services
The primary coverage criteria of certain services must be established through a prior Approval or pre-authorization process before they can be performed. Please refer to AHIN, Arkansas Blue Cross Coverage Policy or the member’s benefit certificate to determine which services need prior approval.
- This form should only be used for Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield members.
- Providers requesting prior approval for an ASE/PSE member should use the appropriate form on the Health Advantage website.
- Providers who are requesting a prior approval for Walmart or other BlueAdvantage members should use the appropriate form from the BlueAdvantage website.
- Providers who are requesting a prior approval for BlueMedicare or Health Advantage Medicare Advantage members should use the appropriate form from 2021 Medicare Advantage Prior Authorization.
- Medicare Advantage - eviCore Innovative Solutions - Durable Medical Equipment, High-Tech Radiology and Radiation Oncology Guidelines
What to include with the completed Prior Approval form [pdf]
- Member Information
- Requested service(s)
- Name and telephone number of contact person
- Fax number to send determination
- Requesting / Performing Provider’s NPI or Provider ID
- Copy of member’s insurance card (front/back)
- Other Insurance Information
- CPT Code(s), ICD 10/HCPCS Code(s), Modifiers that are applicable
- Please use the most descriptive procedure and diagnosis codes
- Medical records to support requested services