Escalating drug costs are a primary contributor to the rising costs of healthcare. Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue
unique approach to pharmacy benefits is reducing pharmacy cost trends for employers.
How we work to save you
- Formulary structure and member copayments that encourage the use of generic drugs where appropriate.
- A rebate program designed to ensure that our groups receive a credit to their premium for rebates earned.
- Utilization Management programs, such as generic step therapy and prior approval reviews, structured to reduce
unnecessary expenses on equivalent medications.
- Pharmacy customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Point of sales claims processing technology eliminates the need for paper claims and saves our members unnecessary
- Concurrent drug review to monitor safety and prevent drug interactions.
- Competitively priced drugs.
With our Pharmacy Program, you get:
- Clinical programs, such as substance abuse prevention
- Reporting and trend analysis
- Access to a broad pharmacy
- Access to health information resources to keep your employees healthy.