Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care are recognized for demonstrating their
superior capabilities in providing a full range of cardiac care services. The designation
is based on stringent quality criteria.
Medical centers designated Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care
The process and criteria for selection
- Baptist Health Medical Center in Little Rock
- Christus St Michael Health System in Texarkana, Texas
- St Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro
The designation is based on criteria established by expert physician panels and
national medical organizations along with clinical data supplied by hospitals. The
criteria for becoming a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care include:
- Full-service, accredited inpatient hospital facility.
- Program must be performing a required number of intensive cardiac services and provide
a full range of cardiac services including inpatient cardiac care and cardiac rehabilitation.
- Sub-specialty board certification of cardiac team. (A sub-specialty is a field of
study within a specialty, such as pediatric cardiology.)
- Ongoing quality management and improvement programs.
- Cardiac care processes and outcomes for several cardiac conditions including evaluation
of complication and mortality rates.