Are you a travelin' Mom?If you're a mom on the go, then you've probably discovered that an "app" on your smartphone might just be the greatest invention since sippy cups. Hand a phone (in a protective cover) to your toddler or your teen, and you will be on your way to miles and miles of cruising bliss.
But are there apps that are better than others? Or will any app do in a pinch? And how do you know which ones are the best?
Some apps you may want to consider for your little one include (don't worry, your teen will find their own):
- Sneezies (ages 3 and up) — Little creature float across the screen trapped in bubbles. Your toddler's job is to sprinkle powder on them to free them.
- Geocaching (ages 4 and up) — People hide trinket boxes all over the world and your wee one hunts for them.
- Weetwoo! Kid videos — Safe, educational and entertaining YouTube videos.
- Smacktalk (ages 2 and up) — This might be one that gets a quick delete from mom, but your kids will love it. Kids talk to it, and a cute little fluffy animal of some sort repeats the words back in a distinctive high-pitched voice.
- Old MacDonald (ages 2 and up) — A musical book with different instruments and a "record your own voice" feature.
Some things to look for to help you choose the right app are:
- A combination of education and entertainment.
- Games that are age appropriate.
- Apps from trusted sources.
These are just a few ideas. Do you have any favorite apps or tips for choosing apps? Please share yours on our Mother Hood Facebook page.