Time for "mom" ... That means YOU!Do you enjoy scrapbooking? Do you like to hike on trails near your home? Maybe you desperately want a movie night with your main squeeze?
Tell us what you like to do in your "free" time and how you find that time. What's your secret? Or are you still searching for the secret?
Whatever your pleasure … be sure to make it happen. No need to feel guilty because you need a little "me" time. Finding time for yourself makes you a happier and healthier mom. Here are a few tips on how to make sure you get some time for yourself.
- Schedule it. That's right. Put in on the calendar. You know how you mark the date for your daughter's dance lesson or your son's baseball practice? Mark your calendar with a girl's night out or dinner with hubby or shopping for those new sandals on your own. Then, don't cancel.
- Get up 15 minutes earlier than everyone else. Doesn’t sound like much, but it could give you time to read a chapter of the book on your nightstand or get in 15 minutes on the treadmill.
- Stick to the kids' bedtime schedule as much as possible. This also gives you some time for yourself. Take a long bath, watch your favorite TV show, call your best friend, whatever you want. This may make you think about laundry, but make yourself the priority ... not the dirty socks.
- If you can't afford a babysitter, trade babysitting duties with a friend so you both get a date night (or just a free night)!
- Don't hesitate to ask for help. Your spouse, extended family or friends won't mind watching the little ones for you once in awhile so you can have some time to yourself.
- When the kids are napping or at school, do something for yourself for at least a portion of that time. Don't give all your time for the dust or the dishes.
Now, how do you find that “me” time? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter.