Splish Splash - what to pack for the poolSummer is here and so is the heat. A great way to beat the heat (and wear out the kids) is to hit the pool. Here are a few things you should take with you to make the pool time fun for all.
- Sunscreen – make sure to reapply at least every two hours and after getting out of the water.
- Extra towels.
- Extra clothes and/or cover-ups – no one wants to go home soaking wet.
- Plastic baggies for the wet clothes and towels.
- Cooler filled with water – it's important to stay hydrated.
- Snacks such as dried fruit, fresh fruit like watermelon or grapes, or sandwiches.
- Water toys such as beach balls, noodles, floats or items to dive for.
- Sunglasses and hats.
- Water shoes or flip flops.
- First aid kit – keep a water-proof bag filled with bandages, tissues, hand sanitizer and Neosporin – for those "just in case" moments.
What are your must-haves for the pool? Got any great, healthy snack ideas or must-know tips? Share with us on our Facebook page.