When you are an Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield member, your benefits travel
with you wherever you go, both in the United States and around the world.
When members travel or live out-of-state, they can take advantage of the Blue Plan
provider relationships in other states because he or she is a Blue Plan member.
By using BlueCard participating providers, you will reduce your out-of-pocket expenses
and will not receive "balance billing" from participating providers for covered
To use the BlueCard program, members should:
- Always carry your most current Arkansas Blue Cross ID card.
- When you're outside Arkansas, pull out your ID card and call BlueCard access at
1-800-810-BLUE (2583) for information on the nearest Blue Cross and Blue Shield
doctors and hospitals in the area where you are traveling or living. For other questions,
call Arkansas Blue Cross Customer Service.
- When you arrive at the doctor's office or hospital, present your Arkansas Blue Cross
ID card, and the doctor's office or hospital will verify your membership and coverage.
- After you receive medical attention, your claims will be routed to Arkansas Blue
Cross by the Blue Plan in that area.
- All participating providers are paid directly, relieving you of any hassle or worry
for covered benefits claims submission and processing. You usually will need to
pay only for out-of-pocket expenses (non-covered services, deductibles, copayments
- Arkansas Blue Cross will send you a detailed Explanation of Benefits (EOB) report.
Your EOB also is available under My Blueprint.
After a member has received care, in most cases, the member should:
- Not have to file any claim forms.
- Not have to pay upfront for medical services except for the usual out-of-pocket
expenses (non-covered services, deductible, copayment and coinsurance).
- Receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from Arkansas Blue Cross. Your EOB also
is available under My Blueprint.