Group Administrator's Manual

Frequently Asked Questions

Listed below are some of our group service representatives' frequently asked questions. Please feel free to call us with any questions. However, you may want to refer to these questions and answers for certain information.

Q. If an employee is on disability leave, how long will he/she be covered on the group plan?
A. The maximum period of time an employee on disability can be covered through the group is six months. At the end of the six months, the employee would have the following options:

  • Return to work;
  • State of Arkansas 120-day continuation policy;
  • Convert to COBRA, if applicable; or
  • Drop coverage.

Q. I have an employee who was canceled from our group by mistake. How do I add them to the group again?
A. Contact your group service representative within 30 days of cancellation, and request that the employee be added back to the group coverage. The underwriting department may require payroll records to prove continuous coverage.

Q. How does an employee obtain a Certificate of Creditable Coverage upon termination?
A. A Certificate of Creditable Coverage is automatically generated and mailed to the last known address of the employee.

Each group was mailed a generic form of the Benefit Plan Certificate of Coverage. You, as the group administrator, may complete a copy of this form and present it to the terminated employee at the time of termination or at the exit interview.

Q. Do BluesEnroll groups have an open enrollment at the time of our anniversary?
A. Yes. Employees who wish to be added to your group health insurance program or who want to make changes to their coverage can do so during their open enrollment period.

Q. Do you have continuous coverage if you transfer from a group policy to the Arkansas Blue Cross conversion policy?
A. Yes. Arkansas Blue Cross’ conversion policy requires no medical underwriting.

Q. When can an employee who is getting married change to family coverage?
A. An application must be received within 30 days of an employee's marriage to be considered a timely addition. The new spouse will be added to the group policy effective at the first of the month following the date of the marriage. A copy of the marriage license will be required.

Q. An employee just found out that she is pregnant. When should she change from an individual policy to a family policy?
A. The employee should change from single to family coverage within 90 days of the birth for the application to be considered timely.

Q. An employee has a family policy and needs to add a dependent. What do they need to do?
A. Please see sections regarding marriage, new births and adoptions.

Q. An employee would like to change a policy from family to individual. When will the change be effective?
A. The change will be reflected on the next billing cycle, after approval of the change request form.

back to manual home | next section