Position Specific Requirements:
No position specific requirements
1)A Graduate (Masters) degree in a health-related or business profession. Examples include Health Services Administration, Business Administration, Public Health, etc. or
A Bachelors degree AND a professional license or credential in a medical-related field. For example, a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), registered nurse (RN), etc. or
A Bachelors degree AND analytical or leadership experience in risk management, underwriting, medical informatics, disease management, group account reporting, physician profiling (cost or quality) or predictive modeling.
2) Experience in disease management, outcome studies, population-based health research, or data analysis and reporting. Documentation substantiating incumbent's analysis experience, including queries or programs written to extract data and the reports produced from that data will be required for interview.
3) Experience in the application of data management and analysis tools including but not limited to, MS Access, FOCUS, SAS, or SQL. Testing for this ability may be required.
4) Experience with other PC-based software products including word processing, spreadsheet and graphics tools.
5) Experience in public speaking. Provide list of examples and audiences. Demonstration of public speaking ability may be required during interview.
6)College level statistics or equivalent experience. Testing for this ability may be required
7) Completion of the "Personal Contributor" assessment.
Progression to Analyst II
1. Experience as a Medical Informatics Analyst I in the EBI Medical Informatics Division.
2. Must have participated in a minimum of two (2) large scale projects with heavy user interfacing. Successful completion of the projects (e.g. implementation, problem resolution and user satisfaction) must be shown.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in the use (unassisted) of available tools to access and analyze data from the licensed EBI Medical Informatics software (Ingenix/IMX) and the Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI Informatics Support Data Mart; ITS tables; medical and pharmacy claims, membership and provider tables).
Incumbent has acquired advanced job knowledge, described as follows: Incumbent is the "go to person; " i.e. the person that other members of the team rely on for assistance in accessing and interpreting data for at least one of the following significant areas of knowledge. Their knowledge and experience are such that they are capable of conducting training sessions on the subject matter.
Enterprise Data Warehouse tables-Claims, Member, Provider, GRPSummary, ITS, and Pharmacy.
Progression to Analyst III
1.Meets all other qualifications in this position description and in the company Upgrade Policy and:
2.At least experience as a Medical Informatics Analyst II in the EBI Medical Informatics Division.
3.Must have participated in a minimum of three (3) large scale projects with heavy user interfacing. Successful completion of the projects (e.g. implementation, problem resolution and user satisfaction) must be shown
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross
and Blue Shield Association and is licensed to offer health plans in all 75 counties
of Arkansas. Copyright © 2001-2014 Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield